Recipe by Mini Ravindran
A very cool drink for these summers!
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was so good, Mini that I drank it all myself, over the course of an afternoon. I did garnish with a little whipped cream. I opted for using water instead of milk or cream and used mango sherbet in place of the vanilla ice cream. It worked really well with the sweet, ripe muskmelon. I was in flavor heaven. I will be making this often in the years to come. Thank you so much for sharing your tasty treat.
- 1 medium muskmelon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream or 1 cup water, as desired
- 2 tablespoons vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve melon and remove the seeds.
- Peel and finely chop one cup melon.
- Chop remaining into big pieces, place in a blender and add sugar, ice cream, milk/cream/water, ice, depending on whether you want juice or shake.
- Blend well till smooth and frothy.
- Serve immediately, putting a teaspoon of chopped melon in each.
- Top with more ice cream if desired.