Recipe by eatrealfood
This is similar to regular baigan bharta, except it is made more decadent by the addition of cream.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt (to taste)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 -4 tablespoons heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick the eggplant with a fork a few times, lightly oil and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F Roast until they are tender, about 30-40min or until the flesh yields easily to pressure.
- Remove the pulp, peel and mash.
- Heat oil, add onion and cook until golden brown.
- Add garlic, chilis and all the dry spices listed.
- Add tomato and cook, stirring, till tomato gets pulpy, about 10mins.
- Stir in the roasted eggplant pulp, and cook on medium-low heat, about 15min.
- Stir in the cream and garnish with chopped cilantro.