Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom came up with this concoction when I was a kid. My dad asked what it was. She said, "It doesn't have a name. You name it." Ever since then it has been known as "Sexy Chow". It was one of Dad's all time favorites.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 can cut green beans
- 2 -3 potatoes, boiled & mashed (you may want to add milk to make them more spreadable)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute the ground beef and onion til beef is brown and onion is translucent.
- Add soup and beans.
- Place meat mixture in an oven proof casserole.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly (about 20 minutes).
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ From my humble experience in the kitchen, this a simple verions of shepherd's pie! Don't get me wrong ~ That doesn't detract from the fact that this is dish worth making! I enjoyed its simplicity & since I used powdered potatoes from a box [I know, BLASPHEMY, but sometimes I do like it easy]! This is a nice recipe, & well worth keeping!