Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A lovely seven layer salad.
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 6 hard-cooked eggs (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb boiled ham (cut in julienne strips)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 small onion, red (sliced)
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese (cut in julienne strips)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Tear spinach and lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Arrange spinach on bottom of a deep rectangular dish or straight-sided glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add layers of eggs, ham and lettuce.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add layers of peas, onion slices and Swiss cheese.
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise and spread mixture over salad.
- Cover dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Toss before serving.