Prep 2 hrs 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my original recipe. It took its inspiration from an Italian bread recipe in an old Gourmet Magazine. I'm told that it can't be Italian bread because of the egg, so it's just "something" bread! I recommend baking this in the oven, not the machine. Prep time includes all mixing and rising times.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg (extra large)
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing, Kraft roasted red pepper with parmesan (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place water, egg, 1 tablespoon dressing, sesame oil, 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, flour, sugar, salt and yeast in the bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer.
- Run dough cycle.
- Shape dough into a 12" loaf and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Make 3 or 4 diagonal slashes in top of loaf.
- Brush dough with remaining dressing and sprinkle remaining sesame seeds on top.(It's a good idea to try to keep dressing off the baking sheet, because it may scorch.).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is nicely browned and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.