Recipe by grandma2969
these are great when entertaining or just fixing a large amount for a buffet..they can be prepared ahead and frozen untl needed..these are excellent at banquets..recipe always requested
- 4 lbs potatoes, boiled
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- peel potatoes.
- boil until soft; drain and mash.
- heat milk, butter, salt and sugar together.
- gradually whip in until potatoes are smooth and fluffy.
- add cheese and egg yolks and chill.
- form into balls.
- roll in mixture of cornflakes and sesame seeds.
- can serve, or freeze and package.
- to serve:.
- place frozen puffs on baking sheet.
- brush lightly with melted butter.
- bake in hot oven at 4008 for 20 minutes for small puffs, 30 minutes for medium puffs.