A traditional Chinese favorite, often served as part of the opening course of a Chinese banquet, although this adds a little kick with some chili sauce. This was based on http://www.recipezaar.com/165901. Packaged jellyfish can usually be purchased at any number of Chinese supermarkets.
- Prepare jellyfish as directed on package. This step usually takes about three hours. Jellyfish should be dried and desalted before using.
- Chop the green onion into small pieces.
- Mix the jellyfish, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, and chili sauce together in a bowl or other container.
- Stir so that all the jellyfish strips are coated with the sauce mixture.
- Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes refrigerated -- the longer the better.
- Serve chilled.