Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I really don't like sweet food but sometimes i fancy a pudding. This is easy to make and doesn't need a machine. I use black sesame seeds for a better contrast but white will work just as well Prep time doesn't include freezing time
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 284 ml double cream
- 700 ml whole milk
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the seeds in a dry pan until they start to pop.
- Gring coarsely in a pestle and mortar.
- Put seeds in a pan with the milk, cream and half the sugar. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until fluffy and add to the milk.
- Cook over a low heat for 5 mins until thickened to a custard consistency.
- Leave to cool and freeze in an ice cream machine or whish well to get lots of air in, pour into a plastic tub and place in the freezer stirring occasionally until frozen.