Frozen Fillets Florentine (or Fish for People That Really Don't like Fish)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy dinner that my husband even enjoys (and he DOESN'T like fish!) Maybe the cheese covers the fish taste a bit.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- hot sauce (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (I love cheese, so I usually add a little more!)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sole or (16 ounce) package flounder fillets, thawed and cut in half
- Cook butter, flour, hot sauce and spices in large bowl in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Add milk slowly, stir, then cook on high 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- When sauce is thick& smooth add cheese and stir till melted.
- Place spinach in 9" pie plate and stir in 1/2 C sauce.
- spread evenly on bottom.
- Arrange fish over this, cover with wax paper and microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over fish, sprinkle with paprika, and cook 2 more minutes or till fish is cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
So yummy! The flavors are very comforting. We used breaded fish fillets because that is what we had (and I was searching for something different to do with that). We took the spinach and mixed it with egg noodles for a spinach mac and cheese and put the fish on top with a little more sauce. We will definitely have this again. Thanks!Reply
Tasty and quick. Due to Fijian limitations I used broccoli, sweet chilli sauce and some seasonings as we don't like things too "hot" and marlin steaks. I was plentiful with both the veg and fish. This was such a lovely easy meal, we all scraped our plates. Yes I would say this is one I'd happily serve guests as it presents well.Reply
see 10 more