Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Low-cholesterol, whole grain fried rice with lots of flavor.
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup egg white
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- Bring 2 c water & rice to boil. Reduce heat & simmer 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed.
- In large skillet melt margarine. Add onions, carrots, and scallions. Saute until veggies are translucent. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow oven safe pan. Bake until 10-15 minutes until golden,shaking pan occasionally for even browning.
- Lightly grease another skillet.
- Beat egg whites and scramble in hot skillet until done.
- In large bowl, combine rice, vegetables, bean sprouts, sesame seeds and egg whites.
- Add soy sauce and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.