Recipe by Jewelies
This recipe used chicken mince instead of the traditional prawns.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This was an interesting experience. I was afraid that the paste would come off in the frying process. I discovered that if you don't fry too many at a time and keep the oil hot that it works quite well. Thanks for posting!
- 250 g ground chicken
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 6 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- oil, for deep-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and egg white in a bowl.
- Cut the bread into triangles.
- Remove crusts from the bread and spread the chicken mixture over one side of each slice.
- Dip the bread, chicken-side-down into the sesame seeds, to coat.
- Just before serving, deep-fry the chicken toasts in hot oil until well browned, starting with the paste side down and then turning over.
- Drain on absorbent paper.