Recipe by Derf
Fresh springtime chicken salad, from the local newpaper.
Top Review by ReeLani
Very refreshing and easy to prepare. I used a whole tablespoon of sesame oil, since I love that flavor, and I mixed the chicken, baby corn, radishes and onions with the dressing and let it marinate awhile before serving it on the greens. This is on my Summer salad list.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagetorn european style salad greens or 1 (10 ounce) packageitalian style salad greens ("Or" sald green of your own making)
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) canwhole baby corn, drained and halved crosswise
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar ("or" vinigar or your choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the salad greens, chicken, baby corn, green onions, and radishes.
- For dressing.
- In a screw top jar combine the orange juice, vinegar, sesame oil and pepper.
- Cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over greens mixture, toss gently to coat.
- Divide among 6 salad plates/bowls, sprinkle with sesame seeds.