Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh springtime chicken salad, from the local newpaper.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagetorn european style salad greens or 1 (10 ounce) packageitalian style salad greens ("Or" sald green of your own making)
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) canwhole baby corn, drained and halved crosswise
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar ("or" vinigar or your choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl combine the salad greens, chicken, baby corn, green onions, and radishes.
- For dressing.
- In a screw top jar combine the orange juice, vinegar, sesame oil and pepper.
- Cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over greens mixture, toss gently to coat.
- Divide among 6 salad plates/bowls, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Very refreshing and easy to prepare. I used a whole tablespoon of sesame oil, since I love that flavor, and I mixed the chicken, baby corn, radishes and onions with the dressing and let it marinate awhile before serving it on the greens. This is on my Summer salad list.
Seconds for my 5, 6, and 8 year old. A winner. I substituted half a small onion for scallions, added matchstick cut carrots & only used one third cup OJ.