Recipe by Catnip46
Got this recipe from the Dynasty website. The Chinese Five-Spice powder gives it that extra bite you're looking for. If you don't have Mirin (Mirin is a sweet rice wine) you can substitute 1 Tb dry sherry +1/2 tsp sugar or white wine + sugar to taste. Hope you enjoy! Serve this with rice or noodles. It doesn't make very much sauce so I would double the sauce. You don't want the rice soaked in sauce just coated with the sauce.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot or 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1 inch strips.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, mirin, ginger, honey, five-spice spice powder, and cornstarch, coat chicken well, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over high heat.
- Add chicken. Stir-fry 5 minute or until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.