Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Broccoli in a slightly sweet soy/sesame vinaigrette.
- 2 medium head of broccoli, broken into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook broccoli 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- In dry skillet over medium heat, toast sesame seeds 5 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Transfer to small plate to cool.
- In large bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil and sugar substitute and mix well. Add broccoli and half the sesame seeds and toss well. Marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before serving, sprinkle broccoli with remaining sesame seeds.
This is a simple and simply tasty salad :) But I would ease the cup of sesame seeds as it may be a little overpowering of sesame. I made this into salad rice actually. Just adding your salad to my brown rice ! Thanks for the recipe
Wonderful flavor and easy to make!