Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tender strips of steak, with sesame seeds. 30 minutes is marinating.
- 1 lb boneless sirloin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (with tops)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Trim fat from beef and cut diagonally across grain into slices as thin as you can.
- Mix next 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in beef until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain beef.
- Cook and stir sesame seed in 10 in.
- skillet over med.
- heat till light brown.
- Remove from skillet.
- Heat 1 Tbsp veg oil in same skillet until hot.
- Add beef and cook and stir until browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Serve over rice.
It's an easy and tasty meal. I marinated the beef as directed, but half way through cooking time, I added one onion – thin slided. One minute before it was done, I added a mixture 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoon soy sauce in half a cup of water to make it a little saucy. A wonderful dish which took me less than 10 minutes in the kitchen. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Made as directed except quadrupled the sauce. Delicious!
This was pretty good. I doubled the sauce ingredients and marinated the meat. I saved the marinade and added 1 t of cornstarch to thicken it. After the meat had cooked I added the sauce to the pan and cooked until thick. My husband and I loved it, my 3 and 6 year old's didn't want to try it. I will make again. I like the other reviewers suggestions of adding the marinade and freezing for OAMC. Thanks for sharing.