Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Charoset is served at the Passover seder and is meant to symbolize the mortar between the brick that the slaves had to use to build the walls. It is served as part of the seder.
- Soak the raisins and dates in boiling water for several minutes.
- Core and peel apple and chop.
- In separate bowl mix wine, OJ, and ginger.
- Place drained raisins and dates in food processor and pulse several times.
- Add nuts and wine mixture and pulse again until you have a coarse paste.
- I like it a little chunky so I do not pulse as much.
- Remove to bowl.
- Add in apple.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- It is possible to chop the dates and raisins by hand and use crushed almonds.