Sephardic Chickpea and Olive Salad
- Rinse the chickpeas, cover with several inches of cold water and let soak overnight (alternatively, use the quick-soak method), then drain.
- Place the chickpeas in a pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 1 hour or until tender. Rinse in cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and cayenne pepper with a fork.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together all ingredients with the dressing until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.