Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe combines an easy to find ingredient...chicken pieces, with 3 readily available dried herbs to make a wonderfully flavored baked chicken. Easy to make when you come home from work!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up and skinned
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine the three spices (first 3 ingredients). Sprinkle the herb mixture over the chicken. Brown the chicken, in batches, in the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken in a lightly greased baking dish. Combine the wine and lemon juice; stir well. Pour wine mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.
I doubled the herb mixture and seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper before sprinkling with the herbs. Tasted great and the lemon wine sauce was superb. Meat was moist and tender. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I thought this was a good recipe but for me, it needs more spices. So, the next time I make this, I will increase the spices and maybe add a bit of garlic salt too. Thanks for posting, I will make this again.
Breezer, this is just great. Very easy to make, tasty and low in fat too. I used skinless, bone in thighs. And ended up subbing apple juice for the white wine, cause I was out :( The substitution was great and I ended up with a nice pan full of beautiful stock to use for another recipe. And I used an oven proff skillet so I went from browning to oven in just one dish, what could be better. Thanks for posting.