Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is an extraordinarily easy and sensational potato appetizer! I have made these for many years with plain shredded potatoes until Simply Potatoes came out with the Southwest Style Hashbrowns. The wonderful flavors in this package of potatoes seem too good to be true. You will delight in the ease of this recipe! My family and guests smells them cooking in the kitchen and their taste buds are anxiously awaiting these delicious and delightful appetizers. You can use your favorite sweet and sour or other dipping sauce. Chickpea flour can be found in the specialty or healthy food section or international aisle or ethnic Indian grocery. This recipe is a favorite by all.
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut oil or 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
- Whisk water and chickpea flour together until all lumps are out.
- Add the Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hashbrowns to the mixture coating all the potatoes completely.
- Heat oil on a medium heat.
- Use your dinnerware tablespoon to spoon mixture in hot oil.
- Cook until browned.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce for dipping and watch everyone's face light up when they taste these!