Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my Spanish teacher, who was from Bogota, in the early 1970s. Because of the long chilling time, the fruit gets kind of funny-looking, but it's wonderful to eat when the sangria is gone! I'm guessing at the number of servings. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 750 ml dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 oranges, sliced and spiraled (do NOT squeeze)
- 1⁄2 lime, sliced and spiraled (do NOT squeeze)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen peach slices
- 2 -3 shots peach brandy
- 750 ml sparkling water
- Combine wine, sugar, and fruit in a large punch bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving add peach brandy and sparkling water.
very very good, and I look forward to making this for guests at my up and coming get together, thanks for sharing this great dring recipe!
Yummy, oh how I love Sangria! I'll be making this alot once the weather warms up. Made for your Football Pool conference win.
Easy to make, nice flavor - similar to what I have had in Spanish restaurants. Makes a lot! Yum.