Recipe by I'mPat
From Health for Life Diabetes and submitted in request for diabetic friendly recipes with nuts. Times are estimates.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This was the perfect breakfast this morning! I used Oregon-made Nancy's brand plain yogurt (in which was added a drop or two of vanilla extract), local wildflower honey, too! Easy and quick to make. Prepared for Make My Recipe Downunder and Recipe Swap #83 in the Australian/NZ forum.
- 1⁄4 cup semolina (40 grams - 1 1/3 oz)
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat milk (625ml - 20 fl oz)
- 100 g low-fat yogurt (plain 3 1/3 oz)
- 2 bananas (medium, sliced)
- 50 g pistachios (1 2/3 oz, roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey (yellow box recommended)