Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Health for Life Diabetes and submitted in request for diabetic friendly recipes with nuts. Times are estimates.
- 1⁄4 cup semolina (40 grams - 1 1/3 oz)
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat milk (625ml - 20 fl oz)
- 100 g low-fat yogurt (plain 3 1/3 oz)
- 2 bananas (medium, sliced)
- 50 g pistachios (1 2/3 oz, roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey (yellow box recommended)
- Put the semolina and milk into a pan and stir over medium heat until the semolina is thick and soft.
- Spoon the semolina into 4 serving bowls.
- Top with the yoghurt, bananas, pistachios and honey.
This was the perfect breakfast this morning! I used Oregon-made Nancy's brand plain yogurt (in which was added a drop or two of vanilla extract), local wildflower honey, too! Easy and quick to make. Prepared for Make My Recipe Downunder and Recipe Swap #83 in the Australian/NZ forum.
this was good i used almonds. i liked the creaminess of the yogurt with this. sorry im late sweety
I tried unsalted pistachios, as well as pecans and macadamias, and liked all three combinations with the banana. I love plain yogurt, but didn't care for its tang on this. For the semolina/milk ratio, I decided to follow the package instructions, which directed you to use 50% more semolina for the same amount of milk, but stated that it served 2, instead of 4 (and I found out it did indeed serve 2). Thanks for an enjoyable breakfast!