Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Semolina Halva is traditionally prepared with a mixture of milk and sugar or water and sugar.The most important part of the recipe is cooking the semolina until it develops a golden color.
- 1. Place butter and canola oil in a heavy-bottomed, wide skillet with a lid and melt over medium heat.
- 2. Add semolina and stir constantly on medium heat, until the semolina is cooked and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine sweetened condensed milk and boiling water in a small saucepan and keep hot over medium low heat.
- 4. When the semolina develops its golden color, immediately add the hot milk (be careful, it may splatter) mixture through a sieve, mix, cover and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring the halva every 5 minutes with a spatula.
- 5. Take the skillet off the heat, place a couple of paper towels over the skillet and secure by placing the lid. Let steep for 15-20 minutes until extra moisture is absorbed.
- 6. Stir pine nuts and pistachios into the halva. Put about 1/2 cup warm halva into each of four to six bowls.
- 7. You can top it with some ice cream.