Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
An adult version of mac and cheese that you don't need a blue box for ;).
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
excellent dish. simple with a small list of ingredients. i like that the cheese does not overpower the pasta. a nice balance; especially with the red pepper flakes. very easy to make; i did cut the butter to 1TB and i used really good shaved romano cheese; not the kind in the green container. thanks for sharing.
- 2 ounces penne, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, according to taste
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- salt & pepper
- Tabasco sauce, according to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining, then drain and set aside, returning the pan to high heat.
- Melt the butter - you can let it brown a little, if you like, then add the water and the red pepper flakes.
- Reduce by half (about 2 minutes) and then add the cheese, stirring to melt; add the pasta and stir vigorously to coat.
- Taste for salt.
- Season accordingly with salt and pepper, add a little Tabasco if desired, and garnish with a little more Parmesan.