Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this for my husband on our recipe night. I was afraid it would be too "gourmet" for his meat & potatoes tastebuds, but he actually really enjoyed it. I loved it too. It's a keeper!
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) roll pillsbury pizza dough
- 2 dashes olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pizza seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce (I used boboli brand)
- 10 ounces smoked sausage, chopped in bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 5 baby tomatoes, sliced
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Spread out pillsbury pizza crust & flatten as much as you can. They tend to rise quite a bit.
- Spread both sides with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides generously with italian or pizza seasoning.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes and remove from oven.
- While baking crust, begin preparing ingredients. Chop and saute sausage until browned.
- Remove from pan & spoon into separate bowl.
- Add onion, basil, mushrooms and tomato slices into saute pan and add dash of olive oil (my husband didn't care for the tomatoes, but they were easily removed after cooking).
- Cook veggies until onions are translucent and remove from heat.
- Flip crust over so that crusty side is facing up and spoon sauce onto crust.
- Sprinkle sausage and veggie mixture over sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly onto pizza and top with colby jack cheese.
- Bake pizza at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes and slice into 8 pieces.