Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
I'm a cheesecake-lover who has to eat low-carb so I researched other cheesecake recipes on the internet and came up with this. Lucky for me, it came together nicely on my first try! No one who's tasted it can tell it's diabetic-friendly, and non-diabetic carb-loving friends and family keep requesting it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips, melted
- strawberry sauce (optional)
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and ½ stick of margarine in bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Pat mixture evenly on bottom. Bake in preheated 325ºF oven for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese and Splenda in large bowl until fluffy; beat in eggs, egg whites and cornstarch. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Add remaining margarine, milk, and white chocolate; stir until well-blended. Pour batter into crust in pan.
- Bake in 325ºF oven 80 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake to wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake. Let cheesecake cool completely; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. To serve, remove sides of springform pan. Garnish with strawberry sauce, if desired.