Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I made this chili the other day because I was craving Chili. I referenced a couple recipes and came up with this. We had leftovers and I discovered that it is even better reheated! So, I named it "Second Day Chili!" (The time listed is the highest amount of time I think this could take. I can't remember how long I took.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canlight red kidney beans (drain, rinse, drain)
- 2 1⁄2 garlic cloves (smush and mince)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- Brown beef with garlic and onion, drain.
- Add tomatoes, sauce and beans.
- Stir in chili powder and basil.
- Simmer 20 min - 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store leftovers!
- Reheat and enjoy!
a HUGE success! i used spaghetti sauce and added red peppers to the recipe. I also made it with ground turkey and added the spices to the turkey after i drained and rinsed it. still, absolutely delicious. i never even got to try it as leftovers as everybody got to it before i could!