This recipe is featured in the book "The Naked Chef".
Make and share this Seared Encrusted Tuna Steak Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Smash up the chili and the coriander in a martar and pestle.
- Add the garlic, basil, cilantro, and lemon juice to taste.
- Mix together, and season.
- Lay out tuna steaks on a tray, season both sides and rub the herb mixture on to each side.
- Heat pan and rub it with a little olive oil.
- Put on the tuna.
- Sear the tuna so that it toasts, fries, and browns (about 45-60 seconds on each side).
- Rip steaks in half and serve on salad greens with sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and basil.