Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
appetizer or main dish, no matter the course the flavor is divine
- 1 lb fresh ahi tuna
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy oil
- 1 lb wakame seaweed
- 2 small chili peppers, seeded and chopped (seeding the pepers is optional)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mild molasses
- 2 cups olive oil
- 3 cups cilantro
- Brush tuna with olive oil and season each side with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side, remove from heat and slice in 16 1 oz medallions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice vinegar, salt, sugar, and both oils (sesame and soy).
- Pour dressing over Wakame, add chile peppers and toss.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Boil balsamic vinegar and molasses in small,heavy pan overmedium heat.
- Reduce by half and cool.
- Combine olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste; blend in food processor until smooth.
- Strain through fine sieve.
- Keep refrigerated up to two days, but use at room temperature.
- Place a mound of Wakame salad on plate.
- Arrange tuna medallions around edges of Wakame.
- Drizzle olive oil and cilantro mixture on plate, then drizzle molasses mixture on plate.