Recipe by DotM
My first experience with seal meat was not the best but was determine to find a recipe I would like , so needless to say I had to make use of all I heard but for sure I added some finishing touches.
- 2 lbs seal ribs
- boiling water
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- pastry dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put seal ribs in a pot of boiling water to cover and add black pepper and boil 20 minutes Drain and wash of black pepper.
- Put in a roasting pan and put the strips of bacon over the meat and add chopped onion.
- Bake at 300 for 1/12 hours or until the meat starts to come off the bones.
- Take out meat and turn oven to 400.
- Take the dough and flatten to about 2 inches thick and place over meat and return to oven and bake 15 minutes or until brown.
- Take out roast and pastry and make gravy,serve over pastry and dinner.
- To make pastry mix together flour, baking powder, and salt cut in finely shortening, add water or milk.
- Knead gently 8 times.
- Pat to desired thckness.