Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
From "A Knockout Kabob Party", Good Food Magazine, September 1986. Prep time does not include marinating time. The directions are for cooking under the broiler but, obviously, they would be just as good on the grill.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 large zucchini, scrubbed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices (or chorizo)
- Make marinade: Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, tarragon, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Add shrimp and scallops; toss to coat. Refrigerate covered, turning seafood occasionally, at least 1 hour.
- Line broiler pan with aluminum foil. Heat broiler.
- Drain seafood, reserving marinade. Thread 8 metal skewers alternately with zucchini, shrimp, kielbasa, and scallops.
- Place skewers on broiler pan and brush kabobs with marinade.
- Broil kabobs 3 inches from heat, turning and basting frequently with marinade, until outside of seafood is slightly charred and centers are opaque, 7-8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
We really enjoyed these! I used a bit less shrimp than called for and used fresh tarragon but otherwise made as directed. Served with some frozen mixed veggies. Very good and easy too!