Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Madison County Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In top of a double boiler combine sugar, water, egg whites, corn syrup, and salt.
- Beat on low speed with electric mixer for 30 seconds to blend.
- Place over boiling water, beating constantly on high speed of mixer.
- Cook for about 7 minute or until frosting forms stiff peaks. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Beat 2 to 3 minutes longer or until of spreading consistency.
- Frosts tops and sides of 2 8 or 9-in. layers or one 10-in. tube cake.