Recipe by mollypaul
A coffee-flavored taste delight. Perfect with Montana Mountain Cake #143252 (or any other chocolate cake).
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything except vanilla in top of a 2 quart double boiler.
- Place over hot water on moderate heat.
- Beat with a hand mixer at high speed for five minutes or until mixture stands in peaks when beaters are withdrawn.
- Transfer mixture immediately to the large bowl of your mixer (to stop cooking process).
- Add vanilla and beat at high speed until the mixture is smooth and stiff.
- Spread at once.