Recipe by maryemerald
Shared by Sea Island Shrimp House and printed in San Antonio Express News (April 6, 2011). Sea Island is the best seafood restaurant in San Antonio, Texas and Charbroiled Shrimp is the best dish on the menu.
- 15 medium shrimp
- 3 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water 20 minutes to prevent burning
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- lemon pepper, to taste
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- lemon wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare charcoal grill.
- Peel and devein shrimp, rinse and pat dry.
- Thread 5 shrimp onto each of 3 skewers, first pushing sharp end of skewer through large end of shrimp, then through tail.
- Set aside.
- Place bread crumbs on flat plate.
- Combine vegetable oil and melted butter in flat bowl.
- Put one skewer on bread crumbs, pressing lightly, then turn over and press crumbs on other side.
- Dip each side into oil and butter mixture, then place on plate and sprinkle each side with lemon pepper and seasoned salt.
- Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Rub grill rack with oil-soaked paper towel to prevent sticking.
- Grill shrimp about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until done, basting with remaining butter mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Makes 3 skewers, each 220 calories (73.6 percent calories from fat), 18 g fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrates, 0 g dietary fiber, 6 g protein.
- Source: Sea Island/Express-News files.