Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my favorite recipe for these. I "stole" the recipe from one of my good friend's moms and now this is the only recipe I use for these cookies! I especially love that the dough doesn't have to be refrigerated. Cooking time is per pan.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, egg and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon for the rolling mixture in a small bowl.
- Shape rounded spoonfuls of dough into balls and roll the balls in the mixture. Place two inches apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set but do NOT over bake!
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack. Store in airtight container as soon as they are at room temperature.
Wonderful cookies! These have a nice soft texture. Mine did not flatten out the first go round so I had nice snickerdoodle balls but then the other sheets I pressed them down using a glass and they were perfect (maybe the humidity 'round these parts was messing with the cookies). Did not matter as they are a nice light cookie full of flavor! Made for the I Recommend Tag Game in Cooking Games with Friends Forum based off of loof's review!
Terrific cookies! DH loves snickerdoodles and gave these 2 thumbs up! Thanks for posting this yummy recipe! Made for the Best of 2008 event
These were wonderful! My daughter enjoyed making these and they were quickly devoured! They did require an extra minute of baking. Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe. ~Lorie