Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
These rum balls are the best thing since sliced bread. In this instance when people say that Grandma's recipes are the best, they're right.
- 250 g milk arrowroot cookies
- 390 g condensed milk
- 50 ml rum extract
- 100 g glace cherries
- 125 g nestle chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Use a blender to grind up the packet of milk arrowroot biscuits. Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl when blended.
- Cut the glace cherries into quarters and add to mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate chips, chopped nuts, cocoa powder and 3/4 cup of coconut to mixing bowl. Mix everything together.
- Add the condensed milk and rum essence. Mix everything together really well. If need be get your hands into it.
- When mixed together, wet hands slightly. Depending on how big you want your rum balls, take mixture and roll into balls. Rub the balls in the extra cup of coconut until completely covered.
- place balls into an airtight container and put into fridge when complete. Rum balls can be frozen and will last a very long time.