Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a variation on the pumpkin spice bread recipe that I just love. With a few little changes you can make 3 different breads: Scrumptious Pumpkin Spice Bread, Scrumptious Apple Butter Bread and Scrumptious Banana Bread. All are so moist and absolutely scrumptious. Try this recipe--you won't be disappointed.
- 1 cup ripe smashed banana
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- Adjust oven rack to middle position.
- Heat to 350°F.
- Grease 1 large loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans.
- Mix wet ingredients-do not over mix.
- Add dry ingredients to combine-do not over mix.
- Bake large loaf 60-70 minutes or 3 minis for 40-50 minutes. Until firm and golden brown.
- Let stand for a few minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely.
- Freezes well.
The title says it all y'all! Used my 4 day old, peeled, left at room temp bananas for ABSOLUTELY THE BEST recipe ever! I made 9 mini loaves and cut the time to 35-40 min. at 350.
So yummy! I'm not much of a baker, but this was very simple and delish. I chose to make 3 mini loaves so that I could freeze 2 for Christmas. Mine baked for 45 minutes. We loved the little loaf we've already eaten and it was perfect for 2 of us. Thanks for sharing. Made for Sweet December Tag.