Recipe by SweetySJD
This is pretty easy to throw together for breakfast. You could add meat or vegetables, the possibilities are endless! Hearty and satisfying.
Top Review by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
I thought this was really good we had them for lunch today, but I did it a little differently. I made it like a quesadilla. I followed the recipe for the egg mixture, but put a buttered whole wheat tortilla in a skillet and then the mixture and topped it with another buttered tortilla and browned it on one side and then flipped it and browned the other side! (I flip with a dish and slide it back in) I put shredded cheddar on top and covered the pan to let the cheese melt! Also, I sauteed mushrooms too and put them on top under the cheese! Oh it was good! And I served it with tomato salsa on the side with sour cream! It was very tasty!!!! Yummy!!!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the tortilla in the oven on a low temperature.
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, salsa and 2 tablespoons cheddar. Beat well.
- Heat a pan and grease however you choose.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and scramble until it's done and any liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheddar on top and let melt.
- Wrap it up in the tortilla and eat!