Recipe by Pa. Hiker
This is a staple in Scout cookbooks. The recipe is easily modified for different tastes: change the cheese, peppers, or swap out the ground meat for sausage. For a less-dry recipe try adding sloppy joe sauce to the meat. Start with the basics and have fun exploring from there!
- 473.18 ml Bisquick
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 226.79 g sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix bisquick, eggs, milk, and salt; set aside.
- Brown beef, onions, and peppers in a dutch oven.
- Stir in worcestershire sauce.
- Spread beef mixture over bottom of the dutch oven, cover with bisquick - don't mix them together.
- Top with cheese and bake 30-40 minutes.
- Check doneness with toothpick.