Recipe by Kit_Kat
Hands down my favorite GS camp dessert ever! Super easy and oh so tasty!
Top Review by Zetty66
What a great, easy campfire dessert!! I made this on the grill top over the campfire--I was afraid it would burn in the embers and it was great. Next time I may try it with the premade/prepackaged shortcakes that Hostess has for ease in transport. Thanks for some camping dessert variety, Kit_Kat!
- 3 (16 ounce) prepared butter pound cake
- 3 (16 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, lightly drained
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box brown sugar
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cakes into 12 even pieces.
- Tear 12 equally sized pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil (I always use Reynolds as what passes for "heavy duty" in the store brand variety is somthing a kin to tissue paper).
- Spray each piece of foil with cooking spray.
- Place 1 slice of cake on each piece of foil.
- Top each piece of cake with a heaping tablespoon of pineapple.
- Place one tablespoon of brown sugar and one tablespoon of butter on top of pineapple.
- Wrap securely in foil and heat in embers until topping is melted.
- This recipe can also be baked at home in a conventional oven. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.