1/1 Photo of Scottish Whipped Shortbread
Sparkle 1874's Note:
I've searched high and low for a shortbread cookie recipe that melts in your mouth. When I was buying a package of Gay Lea butter one day, I found a recipe at the back of the carton. My long search was completed...I have found my recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2Line cookie sheat with parchment paper if possible.
- 3Cream butter.
- 4Sift together icing sugar, cornstarch, and flour.
- 5Add dry ingredients and vanilla to the butter and beat until consistency of whipped butter.
- 6Drop by teaspoon onto parcment lined baking sheet. Or can use a cookie gun with star tip or sprtiz tip to form cookies.
- 7May decorate with small pieces of green or red cherries or colour sprinkles.
- 8Bake at 350°F (180°C) or 15-20 minutes.
- 9Stores well in covered tin.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Whipped Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (1017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 135.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g