Skillet Corn and Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 3 baking potatoes, about 2 lbs (Yukon Gold)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups corn kernels, cooked
- 2 heads garlic, roasted (instructions below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook whole potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, or just until tender but not mushy.
- Drain and peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into bite size chunks.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/3 cup butter over medium heat.
- Add potatoes; cook, stirring often, for 20 to 30 minutes, adding remainder of butter as necessary, until crispy and golden.
- Stir in cooked corn kernels and cloves of roasted garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil or mint.
- ROASTED GARLIC:.
- To roast garlic, slice top third of the two garlic heads to expose tops of cloves.
- Wrap each garlic head well in foil paper.
- Bake in center of preheated 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 40 minutes or until cloves are thoroughly softened.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out pulp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite thing to do is to spend time with family and friends, especially my two grandsons. Cooking, collecting recipe books and tried and true recipes from family and friends, and all the wonderful cooks here at food.com, is what I enjoy too.</p> <p>My favorite sayings are: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift; that is why it is called the 'present'. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> and Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> </p> <p>My favorite poem is: <br /><span>Common Things <br /></span>The things I prize of greatest worth, <br />Are just the common things of earth; <br />the rain, the sun, the grass, the trees; <br />The flowers, the birds, the glorious breeze; <br />Clouds that pass, and stars that shine, <br />Mountains, valleys, all are mine; <br />Rivers broad, and open sea <br />Are riches none can take from me. <br />Our God is here on every hand, <br />Upon the sea, upon the land! <br />And day by day my thanks I give <br />That with these common things I live. <br />....Praying Hands</p> <p>My pet peeve is people who spit gum on the sidewalk even if there is a trash bin a few feet away!! I have stepped in 'fresh' gum a couple of times!! </p> <p><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg alt=/ /></p>