Recipe by Mille®
You won't find these at your favourite local seafood joint.
Top Review by eatrealfood
very tasty - loved the flavor of the citrus blend which came through nicely. i also used the lemon zest in this. i usually like fish cakes crumby, so coated them in cracker crumbs and shallow fried them instead of broiling. these made for an enjoyable weekend lunch.
- 1 1⁄2 potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1⁄2 lb salmon fillet, diced
- 1⁄2 lb cod, fillet diced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 orange, juice only
- 1 lemon, juice only
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the salmon and cod in orange and lemon juice, salt and pepper, basil, parsley and olive oil.
- Boil potatoes until cooked, drain them and then bake them in the oven (at low heat) for 10 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and (while potato is still hot) mix in the fish and the marinade.
- Set the mixture aside to cool down.
- When the mixture is cold, add the beaten eggs and mix in.
- Take handfuls of the mixture and shape into large egg-sized balls, flatten to about 1-inch-thick rounds.
- Bake under a hot broiler for 2 minutes.