Recipe by Dug
I found this recipie in a magazine distributed by the local liquor store. It's a nice change for salmon fillets if you can afford to part with the quality Scotch Whiskey.
Top Review by Evie*
We really liked the salmon and the sauce (it has a nice 'kick' to it from the chili sauce) just not sure if we liked the added mushrooms..will definitely make this again but leave the mushrooms out.
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 oz each (175 g)
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces brown button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup single malt Scotch whisky (such as Glenfiddich)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 20 mandarin orange segments
Directions See How It's Made
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Mix garlic, parsley and 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil; rub salmon with mixture.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon and sear for 3 to 4 minutes a side (or until fish flakes easily).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and continue to cook until slightly reduced.
- Spoon sauce over reserved salmon and garnish with 5 mandarin wedges.