Recipe by CulinaryQueen
This dessert improves if left overnight. Double cream can be substituted with heavy cream. From Puddings & Desserts by Cara Hobday. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 1 1⁄4 cups double cream
- 4 tablespoons heather honey (or plain clear honey will do)
- 1 1⁄3 cups oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve 1 cup of the raspberries and put the rest into a bowl with the Scotch whiskey and set aside.
- Whip the cream until softly stiff.
- Stir in the honey and oatmeal. If the cream turns soft, whip again until stiff.
- Spoon a few raspberries into the bottom of each serving glass, or spoon half the raspberries into the bottom of a large glass bowl.
- Spoon half the cream mixture over the raspberries, then add the remaining raspberries.
- Spoon the remaining cream over the top.
- Chill for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Mash the reserved 1 cup of raspberries with a wooden spoon, or blend them in a blender or food processor. Press them through a sieve into a bowl.
- When ready to serve, pour a little of the sieved raspberries over each glass or over the whole bowl.