Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Traditional casserole pork chops. Serve chops with sour-cream gravy and buttered noodles or dumplings (spatzle).
- 6 pork chops
- 1 garlic clove (Minced)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (Crushed)
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika (Mild *)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (As Desired)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Place the pork chops in an ovenproof casserole.
- Mix the ingredients, except sour cream, and pour over the chops.
- Marinate the chops 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake the chops, uncovered, in the marinade in a preheated 325 degree F. oven
- for 1 hour or until tender.
- Add more wine if necessary.
- Stir sour cream into pan juices and heat through but DO NOT boil.