There's a step included where the fried cutlets are coated in lemon juice and butter. Feel free to omit that step, if desired, but it sure is good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Schnitzel
- flour, as needed (for dredging)
- 2 large eggs, beaten for egg wash with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/3 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced thin & gently pounded to an even 1/4-inch thickness
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 each lemons, juiced
- unsalted butter, melted and as needed (about 6 tablespoons)
For the Salad
- 1The Make the Schnitzel: Place flour, beaten egg wash and fresh bread crumbs into three separate individual shallow containers.
- 2Season each chicken cutlet with salt and pepper. Dredge each in the flour, egg wash and finally the breadcrumbs.
- 3In a small shallow dish, mix lemon juice and 4 tablespoons butter; reserve.
- 4Working in batches, heat additional 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Saute 2 cutlets, being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook until the cutlets are brown and carefully turn to cook the other side. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F or approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 5Remove schnitzel from skillet and dredge through lemon butter. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- 6Transfer chicken to a cutting board, let cutlets rest 3 to 4 minutes and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 7To Assemble: In a large bowl, toss romaine with Caesar dressing.
- 8Portion romaine on 4 dinner plates and arrange chicken slices on top of each salad. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 9Garnish with tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schnitzel Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.4
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 171.6 mg
- Sodium 350.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 32.8 g