1/12 Photos of Scandinavian Hash (Biksemad)
This is a very traditional Danish dish and one that merchant sailors love to make when they come off night watch and want a quick easy hot meal. It is so simple and very good. Great recipe for re-cycling left over roasts etc. Add some peas or some mushrooms, Any left over veggies. The egg is optional but don't miss out on it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the 1/2 the butter in a skillet.
- 2Add the onions and saute until golden.
- 3remove from pan and keep warm.
- 4Put the remaining butter in the skillet and saute the potatoes until they are turning brown.
- 5Add meat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Add the onions and cook until all is heated through.
- 7Traditionally, you put a lightly fried egg on top of the hash, but while this isn't necessary for the dish it IS a delicious addition.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Hash (Biksemad)
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.5
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 164.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: