Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this on several Scandinavian food websites! Submitted for ZWT9.
- 1 fresh pineapple, leave outer skin on
- 2 cups cooked ham, cut into chunks
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise through crown. Remove fruit. leaving shells intact. Core and dice fruit.
- In large bowl, put together pineapple, ham chunks, cherry tomatoes, celery and green onions.
- In small bowl, put together all other ingredients for dressing, blending well.
- Spoon dressing over pineapple combination, tossing gently to mix.
- Pile salad into pineapple shells to serve.
Delicious, my family loved this salad. Made as written. Made for ZWT9 ~ The Apron String Travelers.
Aussie Swap #86: YUM - a refreshing twist on typical chilled salads!! I will be making this one throughout the spring/summer months - bring on the BBQs ;)
This was a very nice salad, it was nice not to have to cook on the stove on this very hot and humid day. We enjoyed the ham and pineapple combo. Made for ZWT9.