Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very delicious, easy to make supper. The zucchini and scallops are in a flavorful tomato sauce.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 2 inch strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs scallops
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- grated fresh parmesan cheese
- In large skillet, heat olive oil, add zucchini, salt and pepper, cook 3 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from pan.
- Add scallops to pan.
- Cook until no longer opaque (about 5 minutes).
- Put with zucchini.
- Add butter to skillet.
- Add garlic, green onions and tomato.
- Bring to a boil.
- boil 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and scallops.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Great recipe! I made some changes. I added mushrooms, but left out the green onions, tomatoes and cheese based on what I had on hand. I did sprinkle some Mrs. Dash on the veggies while they were cooking. Yummy! This was my first attempt at cooking scallops.
Scallops are a family favorite and when they are the size of eggs they are especially filling. Add the other ingredients and top them off with cheese, and you will observe a work of art, while your tastebuds quiver "lovealicious". (This is DH's review.)
Made this dish for my family while they were in town and it was a huge hit! Will definately make this again. Thanks so much for posting this easy to make recipe.